Good news everyone! Two important tools that rss2email depends on have recently received major upgrades: feedparser and html2text. These should improve rss2email’s ability to handle feeds with poorly formed HTML and other weirdness.
The rss2email application itself also needed to be upgraded some to support these. Changes in this version:
- Upgraded to feedparser v5.01! (http://code.google.com/p/feedparser/)
- Upgraded to html2text v3.01! (https://github.com/aaronsw/html2text)
- Potentially safer method for writing feeds.dat on UNIX
- Handle via links with no title attribute
- Handle attributes more cleanly with OVERRIDE_EMAIL and DEFAULT_EMAIL